Learn more about our COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures.
Just For Kids’ Commitment to Health & Safety
Just for Kids is committed to provide you with the peace of mind to know that your child is protected, safe and well cared for. The Health & Safety of children and staff is our highest priority. Our systems and protocols work together to ensure that every school maintains the highest standard of cleanliness and safety. Just for Kids adheres to Tennessee sanitation recommendations and mandates as well as following the recommendations from the NCDHHS and CDC in instances involving and Epidemic or Pandemic.
Existing Heath & Safety Practices
- Just for Kids requires children or staff with respiratory illness symptoms or fever to remain home until symptom free for 24 hours, non-medicated.
- Just for Kids requires all individuals, (children, parents, teachers, resource professionals, and volunteers) to wash thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water upon entering any classroom. To help children develop good habits, we post detailed, visual instructions for proper handwashing are posted at every sink throughout our centers.
- We disinfect and sanitize areas of high contact frequently though out the day, and all materials at the end of each day.
- Infant sheets are laundered daily.
- Children are provided individual cot sheets that are laundered weekly and stored in a way that prevents contact with other children’s sheets.
- Health & Safety training is required and conducted frequently to all Staff, and outside administrators. These trainings include CPT, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Prevention and Control of infectious diseases and Emergency preparedness and response planning to name just a few.
- Center-wide Fire Drills, Tornado Drills and Lock Down Drills are completed on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Just for Kids has a strict Supervision Policy covering a range of topics that is reviewed with all Staff on their first day of employment and multiple times throughout the year.
- Professional Cleaners contracted to clean and sanitize each center at the end of each day.
In addition, in response to COVID-19, and until such time as local and state guidance changes, we have enhanced our already rigorous Health & Safety practices to include the following:
- Outside visitors to our facilities are limited to professionals directly involved in program, child resource representatives, licensing agency representatives, and parent meetings.
- Children are presented to a team member at the front door where a wellness and temperature check is conducted and recorded.
- Temperature and wellness checks are taken at 2 additional time during the day.
- Materials in all classrooms are sanitized and rotated out of classrooms twice a day.
- All adults are required to wear masks while inside the facility and social distancing is not feasible. *Please note, for ages required by state mandate, children will also be required to wear masks.
- Playground equipment is sanitized daily with an EPA approved COVID-19 sanitizing solution.
- Touchless check-in and touchless payment systems in place.
- Sanitizing Foggers used to sanitize the entire building 2 times per week after hours.
- Guidance regarding attendance, required quarantines, and any potential need for short-term closures are provided by the appropriate County Health Consultant and strictly followed.
- Ample supplies of Personal Protective Equipment is on hand for all staff involved in day to day operations. This includes, but is not limited to, masks, gloves, paper towels, soap, and hand sanitizer.